WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. 3/11 Hiawassee GA

Took my first zero day to try to deal with my blisters. Resting a lot but missing being on the trail. Lots of thru hikers off trail as weather forecast was for heavy rain. Having lots of hot meals and sleeping really well. Showered and bathed and clean clothes! What luxuries!Downloaded pictures into Snapfish and will provide link for pictures by email. Spending lots of time on phone connecting with friends and family. 9am tomorrow will have shuttle back to trail. So far almost 70 miles....should ...

Updated 03-13-2013 at 20:00 by smsinnh

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Trail bark and fellow leaves pack ready Mar hike in Ga.

Hello fellow foot treckers. Ready to put more miles on our feet than our cars. We will be starting at woody gap end of Mar. Hope to see yall then. Any suggestions from woody to lower gap?

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Place needs a mower.

The Place Hostel is looking for a donation of a Riding Mower, so we can cut the grass with volunteers and not have to pay a grass cutter. If anyone would like to donate a riding lawn mower please contact Roy (504) 343-3734 or Tom (276) 492-3983
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 3/10 Sore feet

Breakfast with the Boy Scouts so nice! Trey Gap to Dick's Creek Gap. Very difficult hiking with lots of blisters on my feet. Did 11 miles. Uphill hurts back of my legs, downhill hurts blisters. Got hikers toe (black toenail, about ready to fall off) Total of 69.2 miles so far with 2116 .3 to go. Spending tonight and tomorrow in a hotel so rest and take care of my feet. Lots of hikers doing the same since it is supposed to be a total washout on Monday down here. GA has been so welcoming it ...

Updated 03-14-2013 at 20:02 by smsinnh

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 3/9 Sleeping by beautiful brook! Trail Magic!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Campsite by Brook.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	20307141. miles.. Low Gap to Trey Gap. Total of 57.3 Miles 2127.2 to go.. Over blue mtn. Slept by beautiful brook. Level trail but then got into mountains. 50 degrees during the day. Only a few other hikers along the way. Very discouraged with painful feet. But then TRAIL MAGIC!! 2 Boy Scout Troops 24 and 605 with a tent serving hot dogs, chili, drinks etc. Ended up spending the night w the troop by the fire. Made me feel so much better!

Updated 03-14-2013 at 20:03 by smsinnh

Categories
    Uncategorized