WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. Got my hands on a TNF 15° Synthetic Sleeping Bag

What? There's been a like-new fifteen degree bag in a closet upstairs and I'm just now finding this out? Well -- hecks yeah -- I'm grabbing that puppy and using it through to Damascus.

I like my new MontBell and all -- I even tested it down to the upper 20s -- but why not opt for the added comfort of a warmer bag? It [the fifteen degree bag] doesn't compress down into the small package the MontBell does, and I'm sure it weighs more, however I'll gladly debate the merits of one bag over ...

Updated 02-17-2012 at 22:52 by bgood360

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. North Face Cats Meow vs the Osprey Exos 46, Part 3 (Finale)

I've been meaning to write this awhile, seeing as how I've resolved the sleeping bag vs. backpack issue.

As I mentioned earlier, I ended up buying a MontBell U.L. Super Spiral Down Hugger #5. The sleeping bag comes in at 16 ounces and compresses down to the size of a Nerf football. I know it was a rash decision, but I said "I'll take it!" as soon as I saw it stuffed into a small stuff sack and cinched down. But, even as I was making the purchase, I figured there was numerous ...

Updated 02-08-2012 at 22:49 by bgood360

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The North Face Cats Meow versus the Osprey Exos 46 (Part 2)

Thanks to all who offered via comments and PMs their comments, insight, and suggestions on my Cats Meow and issues with getting it stuffed into my Exos 46.

I ended up getting a mont-bell :: U.L.SUPER SPIRAL DOWN HUGGER #5 LONG from Village Outfitters here in W-S. Yes, I realize that the #5 is a 40° bag and the Cats Meow is a 20° bag, but I'm hoping that the tent, tent pad, sleeping pad, decent layering, hot water in a Nalgene bottle, and a little something to eat before tucking in will ...

Updated 02-08-2012 at 22:49 by bgood360

Categories
    Uncategorized