WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Pioneer Spirit

1. Buckeye trail July 2010

I drove back to Springfield Saturday night in order to complete a 6 mile section of the BT through the town.

I took about as long to find a parking spot as it did to hike. When I was through the town a month ago, I skipped a portion and made a shortcut due to the late hour of the day.

I Parked downtown and walked south on the trail and connected back with the shortcut I made earlier and picked up the trail at Leffler lane passing a geocacher along the way.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Buckeye trail June 2010

I began the hike from Eastwood Park in Dayton at about 9 am Saturday and finished in Milford on Thursday evening at 8 pm covering a distance of 107.1 official miles without adding an additional 10 miles walked due to poor markings and off trail destinations.
    I skipped about 5 miles through downtown Springfield due to time constraints. The missed segment is the equivalent of walking up high street from broad to 11th avenue followed by a walk down summit back to broad, sort of a useless section ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Buckeye trail May 17 2010

I spent Thursday night in a Napoleon Wal-mart parking lot. Drove back to Mary Jane Thurson park in Grand Rapids and completed a short section of the BT between a pair of parking lots.

I didn't see the sense of paying $20 to throw up a tent for the night in the rain at the park. A pair of bicyclists had the camp ground to themselves. The ground in this area is very poor about draining, this is the site of the massive Black swamp section of Ohio.

I parked at the Marina next ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Buckeye trail May 4 2010

I'm planning to to stay in Ohio this year for my week long annual hike. The Buckeye trail will be my destination this year but I'm trying to figure out what sections I wish to do.

I'm looking for trail angels who will be available around the first week in June (rain or shine). The hike will be beginning on a Tuesday morning and ending on Saturday or Sunday who can drop me off at one point so I can walk to my parked truck.

I had a pledge last year in the Cincinnati area. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Buckeye trail April 2010

I realized late last week that I had lost my camera and case where I hastily got into mom’s car during the unexpected pick up. I lost many images from the previous 12 miles hike. I bought a new camera from Walmart and it has been a superior replacement so far with far more capacity on the card.

I began Friday’s walk from point 32 (Webb’s Summit) where I stopped last week in the hopes of finding my camera along the road..no luck.

I started late in the afternoon to accommodate ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast