WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Finally Its Time

Wow, I have taken the first serious step, I have begun planning my next life adventure. This site is awesome, I downloaded the screen saver and this is my first post, I think this site will help me in my planning and first "virtual" step.
    Thank you WB for such a great resource.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. I have to do this!! Am I crazy??

Quote Originally Posted by Born to roam View Post
    R U CRAZY. I hope so,we are the only sane one's left.RE;Waylon Jennings,Patsy Cline,Narls Barkley[sic] .See also M&M CRAZY INSANE OR INSANE CRAZY.I know it's Emenim but I'm crazy.Wellcome Brother,you are with like minded folks. Enjoy your hike,hope to see you on the trail. I plan on leaving Springer 3/9/12.Happy Trails and God Bless.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. nice day for maintenance, part 2

While the day started off rather cold (in the 20s), it warmed up quickly. The sun was out and doing its best to melt some of the snow. However, the snow that hadn't melted already, appeared to be tucked away in areas that don't receive direct sunlight. No matter, a little snow never stopped us before.

Assignments and tools were handed out. We were splitting into 2 crews at Spivey Gap. One crew was going in here after some blow downs. They took the chainsaw with them. Shucks . . . I
  4. At 2012

Anyone hiking northbound in the beginning of March?
    Tags: 2012, march Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Adventures of Puma Ghostwalker… Rattlesnakes and Lightning…….

When I left to hike the Appalachian Trail last May, I had the knowledge of several books on hiking the AT (as it is called) and how to do it. I still arrived at the Gainesville Georgia bus depot with an 85 pound backpack. It had all the things I found necessary to hike “My Hike”, including my laptop, solar panel and 12 days of food.

I remember waiting for car service at my camper with my friend Gary.
    He even said its very heavy, when I went to pick it up I thought the shoulder ...

Updated 01-28-2012 at 13:31 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized