WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

1. first 4 days

The first day has been surreal! Got lost on the way to the trail and only had made to make 3 uturns to get it right. The hug good bye to my father almost brought tears to my eyes.

Off to the top of the springer for the first .9 miles was just an annoyance. I wanted to start what I had been planning for 5+ months.

The view out from the top was and early morning fog and snapped some photos before taking off for the start! Made a phone call to someone special, then jotted ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. driving down

On our way down, going smooth can't wait to get to the hotel. Booked it for next week, keep thinking we are April 3rd still.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. shoe freak out

so freaking about what shoes to wear 2 days before I leave for Georgia! wore my innv8 315 light shoes today on a short day hike and had a lot of foot movement that wast good. So now im freaking out about what to wear, i can go with them, asolo boots which have never given me a blister but are heavy, VFF treks which have been great when i trail ran but offer little cushion or protection, or softstart 2mm running shoes. Might say **** it and just were my new balance 420 running shoes. Dont know ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 6 Days!

Leaving philly in 6 days cant wait! I had all my gear ready but this weather is changing what im going to bring. Really I have no idea any more of how hot its gonna be down there. Switched to a lighter rain coat i just ordered, and a liner pair of smartwool gloves. Hope i dont regret these changes.