WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. The Adventures of Puma Ghostwalker… Rattlesnakes and Lightning…….

When I left to hike the Appalachian Trail last May, I had the knowledge of several books on hiking the AT (as it is called) and how to do it. I still arrived at the Gainesville Georgia bus depot with an 85 pound backpack. It had all the things I found necessary to hike “My Hike”, including my laptop, solar panel and 12 days of food.

I remember waiting for car service at my camper with my friend Gary.
    He even said its very heavy, when I went to pick it up I thought the shoulder ...

Updated 01-28-2012 at 13:31 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Reginald Woodchuck Was Well Liked and Liked To Be Called Reggie.

Being the smallest in the family he found ways to be resourceful when it came to food.Reggie learnt that if he could find humans that will talk with him, he could get them to do things for him.

Prior to my hiking of the Appalachian Trail, it was quite well known that I can communicate with wild animals. I had a feeling that spending time out in the wilderness,
    such as backpacking for months would increase that bond I have with all things wild.
    I guess ...

Updated 01-28-2012 at 13:31 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. .........The Adventures of Puma Ghostwalker.. When Worlds Collide…. The Age of Man

The moon was slowly disappearing to the west as the sun rose in the misty mountain dew,
    Kieta full from a meal she had buried two nights ago on the full moon.

The cool crisp air of December made her longing for home. Kieta was born
    Emily Harris Little Crow from the South Eastern Band of the Cherokee Nation in the state of North Carliona. Kieta’s people, the North Georgia Chattahoochee River Band is part of the Qualla Boundry, where tradition has been past down for centauries. ...

Updated 01-28-2012 at 13:32 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Flame Azaleas and Red Rubies….Of the Appalachian Trail..

After crossing the Georgia/ North Carolina state line on June 4th I had already hiked
    76 miles of my 3 month 800 mile journey, Rhododendrons and Azaleas were in full bloom,
    especially in the higher elevations.
    The Flame Azalea, is a brightly colored Rhododendron actually,
    (Rhododendron calendulaceum) The range in color was spectacular, going
    from orange, red to yellow fading to a salmon, salmon to peach, and pink, glorious color variations.
    I had read about ...

Updated 01-28-2012 at 13:33 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Summit of Wildcat Mountain……

Where to start….
    From the beginning at Springer Mountain I
    Felt excited to get started on my journey from the bus depot.
    My pack was heavy and the mountains felt high and with 10 days of food and plenty of water around,( we followed Stover creek for some time) I forged north.
    The first night I slept next to Stover Creek Shelter and setting up camp came right to me
    for I had done this so many times before.
    Day two left me looking for water in the afternoon at ...

Updated 01-28-2012 at 13:33 by Puma Ghostwalker

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast