WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Back...And WET

Been a great couple days from I220 interchange up to Bobblets gap shelter. My first 10+ day yesterday, hiked from fullhardt knob to Bobletts for 12+ and the knee is KILLING ME. BUT... I am not getting off this time, except for my current stop to dry out my gear in Buchanan. I was not planning on stopping here, but glad I did. It is a monsoon out there and I have a leaking hammock that just won't quit. Warbonnet will be hearing from me soon. I even tried treating this stupid tarp, and still I get ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Prepared Food For Sale!!!!

My husband and I prepared all of our food for the 5 months we planned to complete our thru-hike. Unfortunately, Clay's knee injury is not improving fast enough for us to get back on the trail as quickly as we like so we are selling our food.

We packaged one day worth of food for two people in vacuum sealed bags. All dinners require boiling water. Dinners are gluten free and include:

-spaghetti and meat sauce
    -Mac and cheese with tuna or cheesy beef
    -southwest ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. High Point down to Delaware Water Gap - Part 1

My previous day hikes, both on my own and with help from Shuttle, had left a gap between Highway 23 in High Point State Park and the town of Delaware Water Gap. I thus resolved to find a way to do these 41 (or so) miles and finish off the Trail within New Jersey. My first plan was to pay an ungodly sum to get shuttled from DWG to HP, but then stumbled on the fact that I can ride mass transit not only to DWG, but to the town of Port Jervis -- less than five miles from where I wanted to start my hike. ...

Updated 06-16-2013 at 14:38 by GoldenBear

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Training for AT

We have made the decision to start preparing to hike the AT. We live in New Jersey and own property in Maine. Never really did any major hiking before, but am starting now since we both retired. Started doing short local hikes and buying some gear. We have Golite packs and will be ordering a 3 person Golite tent soon. Planning to start the AT in 2015 and doing about half of it, and then finishing it in 2016. Been watching all related videos on Youtube, reading books, and scoping out gear. Any advice ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Leaving in a few hours

My dad and step mom drove me to Dalton Ga today. In the hotel now, pack all ready. Just gotta get up and driver to springer mountain in the morning and ill be on my way. Shooting for 7 am but it's calling for rain so that will likely slow my start a couple hours... It's unbelievable that I am leaving for this adventure tomorrow. Hope to have my first update from the trail tomorrow.
    Categories
    Uncategorized