WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. backpack at campsite with hammock up!

Quote Originally Posted by Aergia View Post
    I am at Clarks Ferry Shelter across the river. I have found a backpack on the hill before the shelter. There is a hammock in place without a hiker? I have called 911 to report and see if anyone else has put in a report. None! The state police have been asked also! I will take pictures of site see if someone knows who it belongs too.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 2014 Thru-Hike Registry

Quote Originally Posted by mountain squid View Post
    I know that there is another thread started. However, some data that I like to have without guessing is missing from it. Between this thread and that one I will begin compiling the spreadsheet.

Trail Name Gluefoot

Direction NOBO

Estimated Start Date March 1st
    Approach Trail - yes or no yes
    any additional info that you want the world to know

If anything changes, please update via a reply to this thread or send me a PM.

After
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Snacktime at Shaw's in Monson, ME

Snacktime has been vacationing with his family this week in Monson, ME. His aunt just posted this on his homeschool adventure facebook page "Eddie's Challenge II - An Appalachian Adventure": https://www.facebook.com/EddiesChallengeII?ref=hl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	970580_10101101553444919_1632335212_n[2].jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	22667
    Eddie dropped off a few bags of Trail Magic at the Shaw's boarding house, a stop for hikers for the AT in Monson, ME. The hikers were starry-eyed at receiving their first bags of trail magic.

Updated 06-02-2017 at 23:06 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Zaleski Backpacking Trail

I will be leaving soon to hike the 23.5 loop in the Zaleski Forest in Eastern Ohio. I hope to add other Ohio Trails in the near future and will journal all of them for anyone interested in Ohio or just trails in general. This will be my first Trail Journal so I am pretty excited to write it and hope every one enjoys it!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. When to use Permethrin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    From the EPA: "In 1972, EPA issued a cancellation order for DDT based on adverse environmental effects of its use, such as those to wildlife, as well as DDT’s potential human health risks. Since then, studies have continued, and a causal relationship between DDT exposure and reproductive effects is suspected. Today, DDT is classified as a probable human carcinogen by U.S. and international authorities. This classification is based on animal studies in which some animals developed liver tumors.
    Categories
    Uncategorized