WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Paws60

1. Hunting Season Starts Next Week.

Just found out that hunting season starts next week down south. So now on your list of critters to watch out for like bears, snakes and spiders you need to add trigger happy hunters. I guess I'll need to pick up an orange hunters cap or vest.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Re-supply box's on thier way.

Today sent out four re-supply box's loaded with five day's of food each including Henna's dog food. Looking at the weather pattern today looks like the fronts are beginning to push through Georgia. This is the time of year we see the battle of the cool dry air trying to push the warm humid air out. Could be an interesting time on the trail definitely pack rain gear and warm clothing.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Springer To Fontana 2012, One week to go.

Down in Florida after a two day drive from New England. Helping out my daughter after having surgery, 10 year old granddaughter will be helping pack the re-supply boxs for a Monday drop off at the post office. still going stoveless and after the recent rodent issue's now going shelter'less planning on camping out. Just received the 9000 amp charged cell for the cell phone not for call's but rather for my journal, weather update and my reading on the kindle app. Think I maybe carry'ing to much food ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. BackPack is repacked and ready

Took out what i believe i can do without and got the pack weight down considerable. Wish i didn't have to eat the food weight will be high first few days of each re-supply.

All items with a * means I've used this item on passed trips.

*Pack, Ospray "Atomos 65" 3 lb 11.0 oz
    *TarpTent, Rainshadow 2 2 lb 11.0 oz
    *4mil ground sheet 9.2 oz
    *Sleeping Back "Cat's Meow" ...
    Tags: pack weight Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Henna's Hiking Boots

Today my quest is to get Henna "my Lab" her hiking boots. Our hike last week on the White Mountains of NH left her with worn paws not bad just a little pink on the edges. Called REI they have them in stock so heading over to pick them up and then also pick up loose odds and ends like a tube of NewSkin, foot powder. Their seems to be no end of last minute items!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast