WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Recent Journals Posts

1. driving down

On our way down, going smooth can't wait to get to the hotel. Booked it for next week, keep thinking we are April 3rd still.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. "Antici........pation ." Frankenfurter in Rocky Horror Picture Show

Ten days left, and counting...The waiting is the hardest part...I think about, plan for, and buy for this thruhike about 80 to 90% of every day. Thankful to have a couple of people to talk to before departing...Thank you Shane & Evan for your conversations and support...Looking forward to meeting you both.

The people closest to me in my life (I feel) really have no concept of what we are undertaking. I consider this a personal odyssey. I am thankful to the fellow nurse who planted the seed of
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. shoe freak out

so freaking about what shoes to wear 2 days before I leave for Georgia! wore my innv8 315 light shoes today on a short day hike and had a lot of foot movement that wast good. So now im freaking out about what to wear, i can go with them, asolo boots which have never given me a blister but are heavy, VFF treks which have been great when i trail ran but offer little cushion or protection, or softstart 2mm running shoes. Might say **** it and just were my new balance 420 running shoes. Dont know ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. best place to send Fontana mail drop

Quote Originally Posted by mdp9 View Post
    Thanks for all the tips!

300 Woods Dr Fontana Dam NC 28733, the Fontana Village Resort, will hold boxes for thru hikers (confirmed from the Resort receptionist by phone today). They are open 24 hours and you don't need to stay there.

The AWOL guide suggests the Fontana Lodge- PO Box 68, Hwy 28 North, Fontana Dam NC 28733. The Hike Inn will hold drop boxes for guests, and their address is 3204 Fontana Road, Fontana Dam.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Less than 2 weeks!

Less than 2 weeks until I set out on the trail. I ordered the last of my gear today and I'm starting to get really excited. Robbie is driving me up on the third and I'll be leaving from Springer Mountain on the fourth. Can't Wait!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast