WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

elytis

1. Gearing up for Mass. hike

Only two weeks to go and I will start my first 5 day outing. On one of my last hikes (completing the CT section) I ran into a fellow hiker who I have now become friends with and plan on hiking the rest of massachusettes with. We plan to start in Great Barrington and head north to Williamstown/North Adams. The first day should be interesting as to make it to a shelter is about 19 miles and I have never hiked that far, luckily I just recently purchased a BA Copper Spur UL1 which will cut almost ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. CT section hike...Attempt #2

So I am headed out this weekend to try and complete what I have yet to hike of the AT in CT. I will be starting in Kent at the Stewart Hollow Shelter (as I have made it from new york to this point) and will be traveling northward. I will finish by hiking up and over Bear Mountain then back tracking on the Paradise lane trail as I have already hiked into MA from that point.

I just got a new back pack (osprey keltos 55) as I was carrying around an ancient behemoth and am hoping this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Want to thru hike so badly.

about a year ago I made the decision to thru-hike the entire AT. I figured out I would like to do it southbound so as to avoid over-crowding of shelters and hostels. I soon came to the realization that I would need aloooot of money in order to due a complete thru-hike. This sad fact has put the thoughts of hiking on the back burner but with every youtube video, book, or blog I read the more it builds inside me. I see the spectacular views in videos and say to myself "I want to be there ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. failed epically at a CT section hike

So this past weekend I started my attempt to hike the entire section of the Connecticut section of the AT. I started at Bulls Bridge in south Kent and took the trail north. My original plan was to hike 7 miles the first day, 8 the second, 11 the third and forth days, 9 the fifth and then around 6 on the sixth day. Unfortunately my vacation time was cut short by work and I only had 4 days to complete the trail. The revised plan was to hike 15 miles for three days and on the final day hike 6 miles. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized