WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. My Blog...

2. 13 May 2010

13 May 2010, Damascus
    This morning five of us caught the slack pack shuttle from Mount Rogers Outfitters today. We went north to Whitetop Mountain and hiked back to Damascus. Avatar got dropped off three miles further north on the trail Bismarck, Lift and Step, Gram Cracker and I ended up doing 21.3 miles today. It was a good day. We expected rain but it never came. I ran into Seven D's again who was heading north because he decided to skip Trail Days. We talked some more. I mentioned ...
    Categories
    2010 thru hike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2549.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	774.8 KB 
ID:	11446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2550.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	712.5 KB 
ID:	11447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2554.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	627.0 KB 
ID:	11448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2555.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	710.4 KB 
ID:	11449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2556.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	656.1 KB 
ID:	11450  

3. Up date

Well, what an interesting trip I had. I met some really nice NOBO's & SOBO's on my way south, you guys rock. I learned a new way to cook Ramen, . But I had to leave the trail at the end of Shenandoah NP. for a back condition that I have. I made it much further that I ever thought I would and seen things that made my cry. Well - I am a woman after all. I hope to some day return to the App. for more abuse to my body with a friend. It can get very lonely all by yourself. That I was not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Delusional Tales of grandeur

Hi all,

Starting off with a personal issue I have then on to a more serious inquiry
    I am curious as to the motive that certain people have to lie or exaggerate when telling you they love to hike and know everything about it..

Listen I am not saying that I know it all, In fact just the opposite, I am a beginner at Best in the Hiking world. Only ever going a few days and nights at the longest. No winters, No nasty storms, in fact, I only ever had to evac 1 close ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day Trips

My husband and I were thinking about trying a few day walks on the AT. Any ideas of a good place to try this?
    PS
    We have no hiking experiance unless you count a walk through a local park. Are we being silly thinking about this?
    Categories
    Uncategorized