WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

SOLcreature

Back...And WET

Rate this Entry
Been a great couple days from I220 interchange up to Bobblets gap shelter. My first 10+ day yesterday, hiked from fullhardt knob to Bobletts for 12+ and the knee is KILLING ME. BUT... I am not getting off this time, except for my current stop to dry out my gear in Buchanan. I was not planning on stopping here, but glad I did. It is a monsoon out there and I have a leaking hammock that just won't quit. Warbonnet will be hearing from me soon. I even tried treating this stupid tarp, and still I get soaked. I give up on that. Thanks so much to HikerMom for giving me a lift! So many photos and videos to show already, it was a great couple days on the trail thus far, even got a video of a deer! Now I just need to find me a shuttle from here. Debating on heading to the shenandoah now and skipping a little bit, as my knee is throbbing. Guess it depends on how the night goes. Had an offer from a real nice couple to stay in their barn for the night, rather than trying to get to the $75 a night hotel as they no longer allow hikers to stay at the canoe rental here anymore. Best to get some laundry done eh? If you stop in buchanan, the Grille next to the library (about 2 doors down on the same side) makes one hell of a burger! Damn you rain!
Categories
Uncategorized