WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

All Journal Entries

1. Asheville Hiker Get Together

Appalachian Trail enthusiasts of all types are getting together once a month in Asheville to stay connected and be merry. This month we are meeting at the Bier Garden http://www.ashevillebiergarden.com/ On Tuesday March 13 from 6 - 8 PM. All our welcome and encouraged to come. R.S.V.P. or just come and look for the white blaze!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hoppy around on one leg

I am nowwith three weeks until my flight to Atlanta. The planter fasciitis, in my left foot went from a problem in the morning to impossible to walk on. I had switched from the Superfeet, orange inserts, to the green insert. Boots are Merrell Moab Mid waterproof light hikers. I heard that the green was better for backpacking? I hoped it would improve the Platers in my left feet.(wrong) The insert put pressure against arch near the heel of left foot, this was a warning sign that I ignored. Short ...
  3. Training for North Carolina

http://www.appalachiantrailsectionhiking.blogspot.com/
    Yesterday we loaded up our backpacks with 25 pounds for Wait-up and 15 pounds for me. Then we drove to Pond Creek bridge and walked up and down the hill on both sides of the bridge for a total of 7 miles. Time was 2 hours and 20 minutes. If you live anywhere around here, you know that the Pond Creek hills are pretty good ones; I crinch when I see folks riding bikes up the hill on either side of the creek.

Felt good to put ...
  4. Katahdin is That-a-way!

I am not making up the following conversation, freshly spoken this morning:

"Yes, my name is ___ and I'd like to make a change to our [web & database] hosting account."
    "Sure thing, Mr. ___. Let me bring up your account. Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. ___, only the account's primary contact can make changes."
    "Uh, I see. Who is the primary contact?"
    "Let me see. --- Okay, Mr. ___. the primary contact is blank."
    "What?"
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. If you passing through Dawsonville GA. I hope this will help someone

Note: I'm not trying to drum up business for anyone with this post.

I went out today to look at new boots. Living in Dawsonville I only have two choices without driving for a hour one way Walmart and North Georgia premium outlets.I always thought the Outlets are a joke not more then a tourist trap. Which it is for the most part. I went to the Timberland outlet planing to find what I liked then buy it of amazon. Only to find that it is a true factory outlet. I scored a pair of Belknap ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast