WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

no direction home

1. Long time since last post!

Still on the trail! I'm in Vernon NJ right now and have had one hell of a hike so far. Unfortunately I have given up my hope of completing a true thru hike this year but still want to hike as much of the trail as possible. I ended up getting off the trail for a couple of weeks to go back to my home town outside of Boston to work and got back on at Deleware water gap. So far NJ has been a great state. I've seen 4 bears and my first rattlesnake of the trail. I should be able to update my journal a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Long time since last post!

Hey everyone. It's been a while since my last post but I'll try to get all the detail I can in, the trails been so exciting I haven't been being as dilligent as I should about keeping everyone updated. I left Franklin with way too much food, something the other thru hikers seemed to replicate! After running out of food on the way into town I made the additional mistake of going shopping hungry! My pack was heavy but I kept on plugging along. The weather out of Franklin was unfortunately miserable. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. diatribe

Hiked 8 miles and ended up at standing Indian shelter, we were going to press on but there was thunder in the distance and the sky was getting darker by the minute. So we decided to stay at standing Indian shelter for the night. It was pappa tatts, young blue eyes, Dave, Eddie a Danish chick and my self for the night. Later a dude (whose name I forget) showed up and ended up sleeping on the table under the awning of the shelter. I slept pretty well. Woke up the next day and it was pouring rain. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. t-storms and a short day

Woke up at the muskrat creek shelter and started to get ready to go. Hung around late though so I could set off with papa tatts and young blue eyes, both real characters from New Hampshire. Young blue eyes leads a good pace and papa tatts hikes a similar speed to me. They believe in taking good breaks along the way and both of them have a great sense of humor. We were planning on doing 12 miles but thunderstorms rolled in so we did 5 instead. I'm on half rations now, I have 1 1/2 days of food and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. North Cakalaki

Hard day. Did 11 miles and crossed into NC. My topo map only covered GA so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was only 2.8 miles from the border to the shelter but it was about 2000 feet in elevation change. I bonked hard but I made it to the shelter around 430. Spent the night in the actual shelter for the first time this trip because they were predicting rain. Slept alright but not great, it only sprinkled for an hour then cleared up. I love going to sleep to the sound of rain on a tin roof though. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast