WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Pioneer Spirit

Buckeye trail July 2010

Rate this Entry
I drove back to Springfield Saturday night in order to complete a 6 mile section of the BT through the town.

I took about as long to find a parking spot as it did to hike. When I was through the town a month ago, I skipped a portion and made a shortcut due to the late hour of the day.

I Parked downtown and walked south on the trail and connected back with the shortcut I made earlier and picked up the trail at Leffler lane passing a geocacher along the way.

I took some short jogs on a bike path but the rest was roadwalking, one section I've named 'pit bull alley' do to the large amount of those ugly, block-headed mongels that are so popular in certain neighborhoods. One of those was running loose dragging a cable behind it and I was happy not have to use the pepper spray.

I started at about 8:30 and finished by 10:30, passing through a nice farm market in the downtown area.

I also returned to Caesar creek to complete a 3 mile section that I had bypassed due to poor markings and generally bad conditions.

I parked in a lot and hiked the bad section from the other direction, I cleared some brush and uncovered some blazes and carsonite signs with a machette and found the place where I had made a wrong turn and turned around from there back to the truck.

This section will still need a crew to straighten out some criss-crossing trails but I've finished this section in good concious.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments