WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

tashaver

Where dreams and realities meet...

Rate this Entry
(Blogpost from November 28th, 2012 tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Dreamer here-

As Terri & I approach the 90 day mark, the realities of a six month backpacking journey from Georgia to Maine are slowly coming into focus through the years of dreaming about this adventure. It seems as though, most every day now, the fine pricks of reality are becoming more and more apparent to me. Yesterday, we had to say goodbye to our close friends Mike & Lynn who will be leaving for their winter home in Arizona. Because we will be leaving for Springer Mt. before their return, we will not see them again until we complete our thru hike in late August or early September.

Obviously, this fine prick of reality is not enough to explode the balloon of our dreams; however, it is another reminder of the cost in order to see our dreams come true. We will miss Mike & Lynn. They are some of our closest and dearest friends. Our many dinners and date nights together, combined with week ends at their cottage during the sweet summer months here in Michigan will be sincerely missed. Terri & I are hopeful that your dreams and our dreams will meet up again soon! Until then, we are encouraged knowing that our times together in the future will be that much more meaningful, because our lives together will be that much richer because of our experiences.

~Dreamer
Categories
Uncategorized