WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Cathy53

Shaw's Lodging (Pat Shaw)

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Cathy53 View Post
Hi, My name is Cathy and I am Pat Shaw's daughter-in-law. Pat lives with my husband, Paul and I. She is struggling with lung cancer. We don't know how much time she has. We take it one day at a time. She is in hospice care. I was hoping to get the word out to some of the hikers who stayed at Shaw's when she and Keith still owned it. It was the best part of her life and I know it was hard for her to let go of the place. It would thrill her to no end to hear from any hikers who stayed there. If you would like to send her a card, the address is RR 1, Box 16A, Chester, OK 73838. If you want to send an email, I would be happy to print it for her. I think what would please her most would be stories that people remember from staying at Shaw's. Something funny or just memorable for any reason. If you know how to reach anyone else who stayed there, please pass this message on. Pat can walk with a walker, but she no longer can get her own meals or do much of anything. She mostly sits and sleeps, although she will sometimes pick up a book and read, or watch a tv program. She still has her sense of humor and very rarely complains of her situation. My email is [email protected]. I hope we will hear from you!

Comments