WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

wicca witch

Getting in shape.

Rate this Entry
After my miniscus tear last yr. on the trail,my docs advised me 2 train again b4 i start my hike. So i am on a treadmill,ncline 10,speed 1.8, for 10 mins. 2x's dly. with full pack 65-70Lbs. I also am walking up steep hills here in Philly which is helping,bsides stretching xercises. I am starting April 8th. Any other ideas would b helpful,thank god i am in great shape cept for getting my legs built up again.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

As long as you're training in Philly, perhaps you should pull a Rocky and run up the museum steps! Good Luck training!
    I has the same tear two years ago. do leg lifts with light weights to strengthen your hip. Do front back and side. this helps stabilize the upper leg and put less stress on the knee. the other is light leg curls. this strengthens the big muscles of the leg and stabilizes the knee joint also. this was given to me by my trainer after my tear and it worked wonders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime
    As long as you're training in Philly, perhaps you should pull a Rocky and run up the museum steps! Good Luck training!
    well my training is going great ty. I ran up the museum steps 20 yrs. ago for the hell of it ty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa Master
    I has the same tear two years ago. do leg lifts with light weights to strengthen your hip. Do front back and side. this helps stabilize the upper leg and put less stress on the knee. the other is light leg curls. this strengthens the big muscles of the leg and stabilizes the knee joint also. this was given to me by my trainer after my tear and it worked wonders.
    Ty for the advice i am using the advice and it is working out