WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

smsinnh

3/14 What a difference a day makes!

Rate this Entry
Had an awesome day after a less than great start. Bitterly cold night with wind whipping over the mountain. Thank God I have a silk liner for my 30 degree bag or I would have been in trouble! Woke up and my water bottle that I kept in my sleeping bag so it wouldn't freeze, was frozen solid. No hot breakfast or coffee for me today. It was so cold, just had to start hiking. About 2 hrs into the hike caught up with Old Goat. We had a great hike, with great conversation that kept my mind off my blisters. Did a total of 12.1 miles today and took some amazing pictures from the top of Albert Mountain, 5250 ft - stunning views! Total of 106 miles so far. Temperature is milder tonight and comfortable in the tent. Tomorrow will just do 4 miles to shuttle to Franklin NC for resupply and a night in hotel. Short day tomorrow and then short day the next day will give my feet some more time to heal. I totally underestimated how cold the southern mountains get, I was sure I would be fine coming from New Hampshire but just as cold at these altitudes.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Take care of those feet. Good hiking