WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

smsinnh

3/18 noc

Rate this Entry
Today was a light day. Only 5.9 miles (mainly down hill) from Wesser Bald Shelter to the Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC) located directly on the AT. Think of the NOC as a Disney World for adrenalin junkies with white water rafting,zip lines and mt biking. My stay in the shelter last night was pleasant and when it started to rain at 6am I was psyched that I didn't have to break camp under the downpo...urs. Hiked solo this morning and although the heavy rain held off during my decent a heavy mt mist killed the views. When I got to the NOC around 11, I booked a room in the bunkhouse, took my 1st shower in 3 days and ordered the half pound jalapeño burger with fries at the End of the River Cafe. Will be back for dinner to do some real damage. Severe thunderstorms forecast for tonight but planning to get back on the trail tomorrow. Feet are doing better. No new blisters to speak of and the old one's are doing better. Steep climbs tomorrow but I am hoping to cover more ground. Fontana Dam, NC , the next town crossing is 27 miles north.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've been following your progress daily, and I feel like I'm reading the script from the Flagler movie! Congrats on what sounds like the best adventure ever (not necessarily the easiest, but the best). I so wish I were in your shoes...but WITHOUT THE BLISTERS! Best of luck on the rest of your journey.