WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

smsinnh

4/3 Little Laurel Shelter

Rate this Entry
Hot Springs to campsite in woods a couple of miles short of Little Laurel Shelter. Approx 17 miles. Enjoyed a great night at Laughing Heart Hostel. Feel like I have a head cold but w all the down time in Gatlinburg, I decided to press on. Hiking out of Hot Springs, the trail is literally on the sidewalk on Bridge St. Stopped at diner and has glutton man special. Whenever u leave a trail town, u kn...ow u have a steep climb and today was no exception. Morning was sunny but cool as I made the steep climb to Lovers Leap Rock. Trail conditions were excellent dry and soft which made for happy feet. My midday I was at lower elevations thru fields and country roads. Hiked alone all day only passing a couple of other hikers. I really enjoyed the solitude. Lately I have adopted a more carefree style of hiking. Rather than having a specific destination in mind, I just hike until 5pm or so. If not within a mile or so of a designated shelter or campsite , I just look for a suitable spot (easier said than done) to make camp, cook dinner, hang my food and crawl into my tent by sunset. Another good trail on the trail.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Enjoying your updates. Keep up the good spirits. I hope your head cold passes.
    Enjoy reading carefree and solitude (Thoreau) I once camped out for two months (self imposed homelessness) and became very aware of the lunar cycle. I wonder if you are having a similar experience?