WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

smsinnh

4/8 Zero day in Erwin TN (see new link below RE: Last Post on WhiteBlaze..)

Rate this Entry
What a difference a day off the trail makes. Today was a total down day where I just kicked back and relaxed. Caught up with some old friends and made a few new ones. The stomach virus has now extended over 200 miles up and down the trail and was the main topic of conversation. Thankfully it seems to be running its course and things can get back to normal. Today temps topped out at 81 with blue skies and sunshine. Will be hitting the trail tomorrow at first light for the 75 mile hike to Hampton, TN. Clear skies and warm temps through Weds, thunder storms on Thurs. This will be my last post on WhiteBlaze for my journal. I am going to change over to Trailjournals.com for ease of use and picture upload. Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Link to trailjournals follows. My wife is going to transfer all entries over to get me up to date on that site.Bye for now.http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=14845

Updated 04-09-2013 at 07:16 by smsinnh

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I just want to let you know that because I noticed that you have kept up with your blog/jornal related to hiking the AT, I bookmarked you to the bookmarks bar, not the menu, but the bar. Although I did not intend a pun here, low hanging fruit only presents itself seldomly: Now that you are on my bar, the bar for you has been raised. Keep up the good work by updating us often. We are in your corner. We hope you help us to be metaphorically where your feet are until we can actually be where they have been.
    -DeColores!
    SMSINNH where did you go? I've been off whiteblazes for awhile and wanted to get an update.