WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

elytis

Gearing up for Mass. hike

Rate this Entry
Only two weeks to go and I will start my first 5 day outing. On one of my last hikes (completing the CT section) I ran into a fellow hiker who I have now become friends with and plan on hiking the rest of massachusettes with. We plan to start in Great Barrington and head north to Williamstown/North Adams. The first day should be interesting as to make it to a shelter is about 19 miles and I have never hiked that far, luckily I just recently purchased a BA Copper Spur UL1 which will cut almost 2 lbs off my pack weight! Maybe I will hike as far as I can and camp somewhere with my new tent.

My biggest fear is the hiking partner. I am worried I won't be able to hike my own hike and instead hike his. For instance I am worried my knees will start hurting again which will slow me down and on the first day I may wish to take my time but push for upper goose pond and maybe do a little night hiking to make it there. I am unsure how to approach the subject with him but am think of just letting him know I will simply meet him at the end point in 5 days.

I am looking forward to the top of Mount Greylock and the first major and popular trail attraction I will come across.

Anyway I am sure to write down all my wonderful experiences once I complete the section and look forward to the next!

Elytis
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Speak the truth! Take your time! This is your life! control it!!!!