WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Reconman

Hiking with out changing gear.

Rate this Entry
Need some advice for those of you who have done a thru-hike. I am planning my hike now and was wondering if it was feasible to hike the whole trail with the same gear that I start with, meaning not changing sleeping bag or clothes, just packing and taking what I need from the start. Has anyone ever done this before.....Thanks for your comments.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

that would depend on what gear you're starting with, and when you would be starting.if you're leaving march/april winter gear is advisable if you're going nobo until you get thru the smokies.
    I am planning on leaving Springer Mountain early March, could I take the gear I start with all the way thru to Maine? or is this unheard of?
    its not unheard of, but you will need winter gear-sleeping bag,puffy or insulating jkt,taht you definitely wont need in the midatlantic in june ,july august.most will switch out their winter bag for a summer one, send the winter clothes home once you hit damascus.a15deg bag in 90 deg heat is a bit of overkill.