WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Our A.T. Journey

Time Flys

Rate this Entry
It's been a long time since I've posted. Changes in ISP providers and many other circumstances have kept me away. It's official. My wife and I joined a not too exclusive club this winter. We are now snowbirds. Our rookie season have been great. There weather in central Florida has been cool but unlike home in Michigan you don't have to shovel chilly.

On the way down to Florida we stopped at Mountain Crossing on Blood Mnt in Georgia. We spent a lot of time there and got some great information and useful tips. Great people there. I don't recommend showing up there pulling a trailer with a big truck. It's an awesome motorcycle road but a bit of a white knuckler in my rig.

Got a nice back pack there and the wife got fitted for one. She will need to order hers later. We've been climbing around the back country most of the winter. Plans for a 2015 hike instead of this year are in order since we still own our home. If we get rid of it this year and nobody gets sick, pregnant or anything else that keeps us from going we will work hard at getting ready to go.

That's it for now from Burly Buck and the Energizer Bunny (aka Buc-n-Ear)
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized