WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

gklott

Recommended skirt/kilt selection

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by gklott View Post
I nearly always hike in a skirt or kilt. I've settled on these models.
- Asics Love Skirt - shortest, light, and comfortable fabric, contrast color mesh side panel, step in, 13.5" hem, 130g, women XL, $36, same length as my women's SOARK.com supplex full split women's running shorts (which I really like)
- Asics Field Skirt - similar to Love Skirt but without the mesh side panel and narrow waist band, step in, 13.5" hem, 126g, women XL, $20
- Brine Anthem women's game kilt - lacrosse 'kilt', wonderful light mesh fabric, no pleats, drawstring waist, step in, 15" hem, 154 g, women XL, $32
- Brine Siren women's game kilt - lacrosse 'kilt', lightest weight, nice fabric, no pleats, drawstring, like the two leg slits in the front, 15" hem, 122 g, women XL, $38
- RipSkirt Hawaii - wrap with velcro waist, super easy to put on, great stretch fabric, 17.5" hem 164 g, women L (largest size right now) $35
- Sport Kilt hiking kilt - wrap with velcro waist, traditional pleated kilt design, 18" hem, 320 g, women XL, $113
with pockets, belt loops, sown in pleats,
- Sport Kilt original sport kilt -
wrap with velcro waist, traditional pleated kilt design, 17" hem, > 400 g, women XL, $102 with pockets, belt loops, sown in pleats

I like the skirt more than the pleated kilt because of the weight and the lower price. I like all the above. Skirts allow you to quickly slip on long underwear when the temps drop.
Recommend trying several to see what feels the best to you.

All these skirts/kilts are super comfortable on the trail, exercise walking, or working around the ranch. Always wear commando.

Except for the Sport Kilt, all are available through Amazon.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized