WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

cthomasy

My Brief Intro

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone! My name is Clay I'm 16 years old and next year starting March 1st I'll be thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail going NOBO solo. Ever since I heard my dad talk about the AT about 5 years ago I've wanted to do it. It sounded like so much fun! I remember seeing thru-hikers when we would go to the Smokies but it didn't really register in my mind who they were and what they were doing until thinking upon those moments years later.
It wasn't until last year when my dream to hike the AT would start to become a reality. I would read everything I could get my hands on, I would ride my bike 25 miles round trip to check out AWOl's book on when he hiked the AT and I got my first job working as a waiter at Steak 'n Shake (I'll have to write a whole new journal entry for my experiances their!), after working as a waiter I've been accumulating tons of cash, well as much as you can make working as a server, but the money has still been coming in at a good pace. So now I have almost enough money right now to start if I wanted to! Well I have to go because I need to leave for my work. Talk to you all later!