WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

JBandStacy2014

Day #2 to Black Gap

Rate this Entry
12/12/14 7:14pm
Wow, what a day! We summited Springer. Which was the hardestthing yet to do. I thought she was gonna give up, but she didn’t. After summitting springer, wesaw the most amazing view and felt better than ever…We were ready for themission. We got to see some amazing forestry on our way to stover creek. Wepassed the shelter and found a camp ground near three forks. I think we did atotal of 6.4 miles today…MY feet are starting to kill me…tomorrow, it’s HawkMountain. Are bears still awake?
Tear Drop

I will match TD’s statement with WOW what a day!!! I have toadmit I had a small breakdown about .2 miles from the summit of Springer and Iseverely doubted my ability to push forward. Of course, because I have the bestpartner in the world, he reminded me how strong I really am and what I canaccomplish. Seeing the plaque and the views from the top of Springer broughtimmediate tears to my eyes…not to mention seeing my first white blaze!!!! Thishas been an emotional day, both good and bad but I wouldn’t have traded it. Theplace we stopped to camp is absolutely beautiful! Crossed 4 streams today, gotwet, loved it, and can’t wait for Hawk Mountain tomorrow!
I love you TD!
Redemption
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized