WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

JBandStacy2014

Day #4 and #5

Rate this Entry
12/13/14 5:55pm
Today was a ****ty day to me…My strap on my pack broke, butRedemption was slick enough to rig up something that last me till Hawk MountainShelter. Today we hiked 4.5 miles. We are still going slow, but there are noinjuries…just blisters. I can see that I am getting irritable. There was a lotof activity on the trail today…probably weekend day hikers. Tomorrow, we aregonna try 7.7 miles to Gooch Mountain Shelter. Hopefully my pack makes it totown…I already need to replace a pack. Never carry to heavy and never buy apack off of craigslist. We are learning a lot of lessons…Time to go layRedemption down in this shelter… BTW: There are a group of boyscoutshere…lol
Tear Drop

6:15pm
Well, today was beyond interesting. Like TD said, strap broke– we fixed it, hopefully until town and now we are in Hawk Mountain shelter.The boyscouts are decent entertainment though and evidently my cookingsurpasses their leader’s lol. My feet hurt like HELL and the blisters arestarting to set in. It was a good day but we are moving slow. We have to maketo Gooch tomorrow to be on schedule for town!
Loving my Tear Drop more and more every day.
Redemption

12/14/14 2:14pm
We are at the Wolfpen Gap Hostel and as excited as can be.This place is beautiful. We hitched a ride from an amazing couple of trailangels and their dog Toby. We are looking forward to the shower, pizza, and hotwings. Feels so good to kick these boots off. I am also excited that I get topost all of these journals today. Haven’t smoked in two weeks, but today I hada black and mild! Well, that’s enough journaling for now…time to relax.
Tear Drop

2:16pm
I am absolutely LOVING this hostel…the people are so nice andI cannot believe we were fortunate enough to get a ride from a local couple andtheir dog. We are starving and were a day behind in food, so by the time wewould have gotten here; food probably would have been gone. It’s only 2pm butit feels like 6 or 7. We are taking a well-earned zero day and heading to NeelGap tomorrow to fix the broken pack. I wish we would have gotten the couple’snames that gave us a ride, but if they ever see this…THANK YOU!! You saved usmore than you know.
As someone (who’s really cute) told me…sometimes you have toroll the dice. Well today – we rolled the dice on walking up the road to CooperGap and ended up a day ahead of schedule, a bed, a shower, and food.
I love you TD – Redemption.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized