WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

VSkyOnTheTrail

2016 Thru-Hike Registry

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by TheRealVSky View Post

Trail Name -- No Trail name yet
Direction -- NoBo

Estimated Start Date -- Feb 29-Apr 1 (uncertain)
Approach Trail -- yes

Hi Everyone! I'm Paull (yep, 2 L's) and this is my first post! I've been reading the forums for a while now, I've just never actually registered to comment until now. Well, I've made the commitment to a 2016 Thru-Hike.

He's the backstory:
My 15.5 year old dog that I've had since he was 5 weeks old in February 2000 is starting to wind down to make his crossing over the Rainbow Bridge. This dude is as important to me as any parents kids are to them. He should be in HS right now LOL. I don't have kids and it's gonna be one of the hardest personal losses I'll ever have to deal with. I'm also a Marine combat vet with PTSD so I've made the commitment to thru-hike the AT to decompress and start fresh.
I live downtown Atlanta, I've got a really awesome home-life and and two fantastic people who will be a dependable support/logistics team for me and a cool job where I can take 6 months off to do this. I'll be 38, turning 39 on the trail in August 2016 and I always wanted to finish it before I turned 40.
Anywho, I'm not certain on my actual departure date because this is all contingent upon my pup and his quality of life. Next year is a leap year so the thought of stepping off on Feb 29 is pretty cool. That could also be a few weeks too early due to Georgia's winter this year 2015/16. We'll see. In the meantime, I'll be prepping and prepping and prepping. Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00056.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	507.1 KB 
ID:	31801 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1536.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	589.9 KB 
ID:	31802
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1066.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	31800  
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized