WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

CedarKeyHiker

Travis McGee, John Muir, and me, still in Cedar Key 13

Rate this Entry
The trip to Jacksonville and REI was fruitful. I was able to add to my gear list and my comfort level with my kit is good. My confidence in my preparation is such that I feel as long as I am moving forward I am making progress. I have two months until I step off and I am certain that I will be prepared physically, as well as, having the right gear, and logistical support to be successful.

The whole process has been positive. I can see where since deciding in October that I would make a go of it in the spring of 2016 the sense of urgency to to be ready is heightened. It's seems I'm doing something everyday that has to do with the AT. Whether it is training my body, reading articles in a magazine, or on the WB forums, or purchasing this doodad or that there's a sense of accomplishment daily. So far, there are no pre-hike jitters, or anxiety about setting off. One thing I know about myself is that when I set out to do something and I go through the time, energy, and expense to make it happen I don't look back. I don't see where this endeavor should be any different.

I guess if I really wanted to prepare myself to adapt to the likely rainy conditions on the Trail I'd go outside today and get soaked in the downpour ahead of the latest cold front. In deference to succumbing any such lunacy, I think I'll just rely on past experience to have toughened my hide. I'll just have another cup of coffee, watch it outside the window, listen the the thunder, and finish writing this latest installment of random ramblings. This too, whether it is appreciated or not by the anonymous reader, is part of of my preparation. I'm grateful to be able to expose my thoughts.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments