WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Kaptainkriz

Snickers Gap to Raven Rocks

Rate this Entry

Had a free day and after seeing the great videos posted by Smell N Roses and Peakbaggers for Cancer (RidgeWalker), I decided to hike from Snickers Gap north to Raven Rocks and back. This is a great portion of the trail with lots of places to camp as well as great views at Raven Rocks. There is a nice spring in the second valley on the way up to the peak and also some cool rock formations and under-rock water noises. I had originally planned to stay overnight up towards the PA border and tick off that portion of the trail, but the forecast is for 22 degree weather and 2” of snow which I don’t really feel like doing for my first overnighter of the year. This hike has a couple of steep switchback sections with nice flat portions in-between. There is pretty good parking right at the base of the trail on the westbound side of Rt. 7. Also, there is a cool bar/restaurant, the “Horseshoe Curve Restaurant” very close to the trail on Rt. 679. It's only like 15 miles to Harper's Ferry, so I think I'll definitely be able to fill that part in this season.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...I5wsvPi-WJ_OIa

Updated 04-10-2016 at 21:26 by Kaptainkriz

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments