WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Osama Llama

The Beginning of the End

Rate this Entry
Hello trail world! I just got back from a section hike on the Appalachian Trail. During my three weeks hiking I heard about this site whiteblaze.net. The first thing I did was log on to see what it was all about and hopefully stay in contact with some of the characters I met on the trail. I am still getting used to the site, so I wanted to type up a quick post just to get it out there and let people know who I am. My trail name is Osama Llama. Why? In the beginning of my hike I tried to find a thru-hiker (or any delusional hiker to be honest) who had not heard of Osama Bin Laden's death. I quickly discovered that many hikers carry iphones- sometimes even netbooks and laptops. I was naive to think that I would find someone in the middle of June who had not heard of bin Laden's death a month and a half earlier, but it was a fun joke amongst my friends. The Llama is there because before I left I received a stuffed animal llama as a gift from a girl as a going away present, so I carried the llama the entire time. Her name is Angelica. And when I say "her" I mean the llama. (I know I sound crazy, but I'm not- at least I don't think so.) I hiked the majority of the three weeks with two of my good friends, Tiger and Surprise. I hiked form Stormville, New York to Manchester Center, Vermont over a period of 20 days from June 15 to July 5. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I look forward to interacting with other hikers on this site and continuing my trail journey.

Updated 07-07-2011 at 17:13 by Osama Llama

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments