WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

bgood360

And Here I Sit, Part 2

Rate this Entry
Grrrrrrr. The weather is absolutely gorgeous outside. While I should appreciate the view from my upstairs window I can't help but think how much better the view would be from somewhere on the trail. With five days to go (again), I am more impatient than ever.

At least I haven't touched my pack or other gear in two days, so maybe that's an indication of some amount of resignation that the trip will start at some point, I just have to sit back and let things come to me.

What I have done, though, is revisit my iPod and add some new albums. Of today's acquisitions, there's:
  • Love Snuck Up, Buddy Miller & Julie Miller
  • Written In Chalk, Buddy Miller & Julie Miller
  • Satisfied At Last, Joe Ely
  • Live In Europe, James McMurty
  • Super Extra Gravity, The Cardigans
  • My Favorite Things, John Coltrane
  • My Kind of Blue, Miles Davis

While I don't think one should drown the entire trail in MP3 mayhem, it doesn't hurt to have a little something tucked away for tough climbs, slow nights before falling asleep, and for sharing with others.

I don't know if it'll amount to anything, but I applied some [tent] seam sealer to my favorite Rockports last night, so I guess that counts as trip preparation. Other than that, I am in a holding pattern until Tuesday morning.

-- Hat, 2012 NOBO AT

Updated 03-01-2012 at 12:34 by bgood360

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments