WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

glassman

all in all it was a fun hike

Rate this Entry
Thought I'd share a link to my girlfriends blog of her journey on the trail.... I was able to pull off hiking all of Massachusetts and a small bit of VT,NH, and CT in true Backpacker style..... I also have done some "slack packing" on the trail in the past few months...... I hope that all the amazing people that I met along the way are doing well !!! http://www.whimsyseasons.blogspot.com/

I hope that I was a good trail steward along the way in my feeble attempts to move fallen trees and branches, and make stepping rocks in hard to pass rivers although at times I wondered if I was even making a dent in it, I always guessed every little bit helps. I am extremely thankful to the folks who did a good job blazing expecialy to those who bothered to be sure you could see the next one from the last during those evenings where we pushed it just past dark. Thank YOU to those and to the other people who have done countless hours of trail work with the equipment an average backpacker just can't carry with them.

I hope to at some point to pull of a go at a thru hike.... and am always impressed with those who have or are doing so!!!

Thanks
Be Well and Have Fun
Chip "glassman" Secco
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized