WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

tashaver

The Valley of a Thousand Falls by "Helicopter"

Rate this Entry
(Blogpost from July 7th, 2012 tntonthetrail.blogspot.com)

Greetings from Dreamer!

Even though Terri & I have not posted anything specifically about our Appalachian Trail adventure next year in the last few posts, thinking about the journey beginning next March is never far from our minds. Our planning and preparation is constantly with us. Terri continues to dehydrate everything in the house that is not actually moving, while I work on logistics, gear lists (my next post will be an updated gear list from my latest backpacking trip) and video editing which I have found to be very interesting.

Terri, Charlie & Dreamer
It is our desire to not only hike the entire Appalachian Trail, but to do it utilizing Terri’s professional photographer skills and my (learning) video skills. Our goals may be a bit ambitious, but we would like to prepare ourselves to: write a book about our experience, create a video documentary, professional slide show and coffee table book with Terri’s beautiful pictures. Perhaps we will only actually do one of these, maybe all of them. We’ll see… But we will be prepared!

In keeping with these goals, I have been learning to use iMovie. I am unsure what I may actually use to create our movie, but I have to begin somewhere. The link I am providing below is my second attempt at editing video. The learning curve is steep for an old-timer…

Mt. Robson
Last summer, Terri, Charlie & I left Michigan for a month on our Great Northwest Adventure. During that time, we camped in many beautiful places and stayed with several great friends along the way. We had been to Mt. Robson, British Columbia Canada years ago with our children and have longed to return every since. Last time, I backpacked the 17 miles with my children up the “Valley of a Thousand Falls” to Berg Lake at the base of Mt. Robson. This time, Terri, Charlie & I flew up in a helicopter and hiked down. This video is the ride up in a helicopter!

Click here to watch the video!

Enjoy,

~Dreamer
Categories
Uncategorized