• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

cooper vs fly creek

Thread Starter: adam12

I am having trouble deciding which tent to go with. The Cooper 2 or the Fly Creek 2. I keep going back and forth. I have never had trouble in the past

Last Post By: TNhiker Today, 18:06 Go to last post

How low will a cannister go!

Thread Starter: misterfloyd

Hello to all,

I wanted to know how low temp wise will a canister stove that is inverted for liquid feed will go. It is a MSR windpro I believe

Last Post By: cmoulder Today, 17:57 Go to last post
    Tipi Walter

Capilene Vs Merino

Thread Starter: Tipi Walter

So, which should I get?? Here are my two choices---

Nice midweight zip neck merino Smartwool top. (Already own a "set",

Last Post By: David Miller Today, 17:55 Go to last post

waterproof journals?

Thread Starter: Kontiki

Hello everyone

For those that write in a journal on the Appalachian Trail, which one do you use, like and why? I saw this at R.E.I., http://www.rei.com/product/783328/ri...-journal-large

Last Post By: Kontiki Today, 17:54 Go to last post

Back issues

Thread Starter: jpolk84

So about 8 years or more ago I found I had a herniated disc in my L4-L5 which caused me much back pain and sciatica. After some PT, a cortisone shot,

Last Post By: jpolk84 Today, 17:47 Go to last post

Section Hike as series of out and backs...double counting?

Thread Starter: Kaptainkriz

So, if each time I do a hike/section, I park in a lot, hike somewhere, and return, and do the whole trail this way, I will actually have hiked the whole

Last Post By: Pedaling Fool Today, 17:42 Go to last post