• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

Earliest start date noob from NY on AT

Thread Starter: Cheyou

Would like to start April. Have finished HF to NY train station. Or would I b better going S from HF that early.

Last Post By: rafe Today, 14:42 Go to last post

storing gear

Thread Starter: squeezebox

I know about not storing insulated stuff stuffed tight. But what about tents, pads? My hiking clothes share a drawer with my cycling clothes. Not sure

Last Post By: Hosh Today, 14:31 Go to last post

GPS for Trail Mapping of Mason Dixon Trail

Thread Starter: SkeeterPee

I would like to section hike the MDTS this coming year. It is just short of 200 miles. There are old maps, but there does not appear to be GPS files.

Last Post By: ki0eh Today, 14:29 Go to last post

Dehydrating personal meals

Thread Starter: Hosh

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but a great series of recipes have been done on a youtube channel. Search on Babelfish5. He has some great renditions

Last Post By: Hosh Today, 13:48 Go to last post

first time hammocker- what do I need to stay warm?

Thread Starter: sydneymkay

I will be hiking NOBO from May to late august- how much insulation and warmth will I need? I have a hennessy ultralite backpacker and a 40* marmot bag

Last Post By: squeezebox Today, 13:41 Go to last post

'Stolen' Trekking poles from gravel springs hut

Thread Starter: Dholmblad

Did a weekend in the Shenandoah and stayed one night at gravel springs hut. Was surprised that a few groups trickled in. In the morning 2 groups of 2

Last Post By: squeezebox Today, 13:24 Go to last post