• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or completed a section hike of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

BP219

No show, ankle high, or regular length hiking socks? And what brand?

Thread Starter: BP219

I'll be buying a few pairs of merino hiking socks and was wondering what brand & style do you wear? I was thinking about getting the reg. length kind

Last Post By: Harrison Bergeron Today, 16:08 Go to last post
    Cadenza

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy

Thread Starter: Cadenza

Last week I took a big, heavy Mystery Ranch NICE 6500 pack. I loaded it to the gills with everything I like to have. Saw,

Last Post By: TNhiker Today, 16:07 Go to last post
    Heliotrope

Neo Air Xlite: Opinions

Thread Starter: Heliotrope

Just purchased a neo air Xlite small. I have always used a foam pad torso length. But I am really not that comfortable on the foam pads. Hence the inflatable

Last Post By: Wülfgang Today, 16:06 Go to last post
    TNhiker

Middle Prong Wilderness (NC)

Thread Starter: TNhiker

howdy...

has anyone backpacked in the middle prong wilderness in north carolina and can let me know how it is

thanks...

Last Post By: TNhiker Today, 16:04 Go to last post
    Mr Liberty

Stove for AT

Thread Starter: Mr Liberty

I'm looking at doing a 2016 SOBO on the AT (~early July through late Oct) and I'd like some advice on what I should use as a stove on the AT. It seems

Last Post By: Moosling Today, 15:56 Go to last post
    squeezebox

3% vs. 20%

Thread Starter: squeezebox

I've heard the claim that 3% of the Baxter visitors, (thru hikers), use 20% of Baxter resources. How is that possible? What's going on?

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 15:55 Go to last post