• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or completed a section hike of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

Boo-Yah

Newbie considering Hammock Camping on AT

Thread Starter: Boo-Yah

I am looking to do a 2 week hike on AT, undecided about Hammock or Tent hike. Has anyone done both to give pro's and con's and advice. I am large 6'4"

Last Post By: bullseye Today, 14:15 Go to last post
    Boo-Yah

Gps

Thread Starter: Boo-Yah

New to hiking and camping, wondered what thoughts were on GPS system for hiking and camping, I notice a lot of coordinates posted on sites about good

Last Post By: Turk6177 Today, 14:02 Go to last post
    Googan

Need A Tent Or Shelter For A Thru Hike

Thread Starter: Googan

I'm in the market for a tent or shelter for a thru walk. It needs to be efficient and allow me to sleep in bad weather relatively comfortably. I definitely

Last Post By: Deadeye Today, 13:53 Go to last post
    saltysack

Stick pic with iPhone tips please...

Thread Starter: saltysack

I'm not a selfie kind of guy but for my up coming jmt hike I figured I better take lots of pix!!! Mostly landscape pix...any tips?? iPhone 6+....timer

Last Post By: Turk6177 Today, 13:52 Go to last post
    jefals

Wake up and do what?

Thread Starter: jefals

I was reading reviews on some bear cannisters, and a couple folks said that they put pots/pans on top of their cannister so that if the bear found it

Last Post By: Deadeye Today, 13:49 Go to last post
    Mfrenchy

Tarptent Notch Owners

Thread Starter: Mfrenchy

Do you configure it different than the standard pitch? I was trying to figure a way to get the walls closer to the ground and just lowering my trekking

Last Post By: Mfrenchy Today, 13:45 Go to last post