• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

Getting home from Katahdin

Thread Starter: susiegear

I am heading to attempt a nobo thru next year and am curious about how you all get out of Baxter to an airport or bus station. My wife is willing to meet

Last Post By: pauly_j Today, 04:53 Go to last post

Big Agnes Scout UL 2

Thread Starter: poustinik

Anyone have any opinions about this tent? Planning to use it on my 2016 thru-hike. Thanks!

Last Post By: MuddyWaters Today, 03:04 Go to last post

Trash Compactor Bags

Thread Starter: Hikingmaddie

Quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to, one im sure is fairly obvious haha. Do you all line your pack with the trash compactor bag the

Last Post By: Traillium Today, 00:36 Go to last post

Ultralight principles to (airplane) carry-on luggage?

Thread Starter: Dochartaigh

I'm just wondering if anybody is as insane as me to to apply their ultralight hiking principles to their carry-on luggage when they're flying on a plane?

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 00:31 Go to last post

Rain gear choice discussion

Thread Starter: mksapp

Im thinking about using The Packa along with Zpacks Challenger Rain pants.... possibly the Zpacks Challenger Rain Gaiters for my thru hike. What rain

Last Post By: dudeijuststarted Today, 00:19 Go to last post

best resupply locales: Long Trail

Thread Starter: FranklinBeans

Hello everyone. Title pretty much says it all. Planning a month-long July 2016 with the whole family. (youngest is four, mpd expectations have been

Last Post By: rafe Yesterday, 23:51 Go to last post