• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or completed a section hike of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

squeezebox

3% vs. 20%

Thread Starter: squeezebox

I've heard the claim that 3% of the Baxter visitors, (thru hikers), use 20% of Baxter resources. How is that possible? What's going on?

Last Post By: Marta Today, 09:24 Go to last post
    Kat9Maui

Children

Thread Starter: Kat9Maui

Hey everyone, I was curious as to how much children should carry on a back packing trip that would have over night camping... Just for the fun of it

Last Post By: The Solemates Today, 09:23 Go to last post
    Googan

Anyone Know When The 2016 AT Guide Comes Out

Thread Starter: Googan

Pretty straightforward question. I was just wondering when the 2016 version of the AT Guide comes out?

Last Post By: Rain Man Today, 09:22 Go to last post
    Tipi Walter

20 Days on Medicare

Thread Starter: Tipi Walter

"20 Days on Medicare" is an apt title since I got my medicare card on July 1st (and I almost needed hospitalization on this trip) but other

Last Post By: Rain Man Today, 09:20 Go to last post
    squeezebox

open ended section vs. thru hike

Thread Starter: squeezebox

The stats say only 20% finish a thru hike. So I think many of us realize the chance of finishing a thru is pretty small if we have bad knees, bad feet,

Last Post By: changed Today, 09:19 Go to last post
    Marta

Reynolds Creek fire

Thread Starter: Marta

A major area of Glacier NP is closed, including much of the CDT through the center of the Park. It's a horror. I've been there hiking for the past week.

Last Post By: Marta Today, 08:50 Go to last post