• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or completed a section hike of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

BP219

No show, ankle high, or regular length hiking socks? And what brand?

Thread Starter: BP219

I'll be buying a few pairs of merino hiking socks and was wondering what brand & style do you wear? I was thinking about getting the reg. length kind

Last Post By: BP219 Today, 00:51 Go to last post
    10-K

Thank you and let's go hiking.

Thread Starter: 10-K

Thanks to all who answered my many questions over the past several months. I'm heading to Glacier in 30 minutes to begin hiking the CDT.

Last Post By: Driver8 Today, 00:49 Go to last post
    Shutterbug

The remains of hiker missing on Mt. Rainier has been found.

Thread Starter: Shutterbug

More than a year ago, Edwin Burch went missing on Mt. Rainier. He was hiking the Wonderland Trail near Panhandle Gap. Apparently, he lost the trail

Last Post By: Shutterbug Today, 00:39 Go to last post
    squeezebox

washing a pack

Thread Starter: squeezebox

Well my cat decided that my day pack lying in the bottom of my closet looked like a litter box, then decided it should smell like a litter box. Now it

Last Post By: Alligator Today, 00:16 Go to last post
    mPalozzola01

Camp Cooking...

Thread Starter: mPalozzola01

So I know the general rule, you don't cook in camp/tent etc but here is a question. Does anyone cook their dinner before making camp for the night? For

Last Post By: nsherry61 Today, 00:13 Go to last post
    BenOnAdventures

What's the perfect pack size? Let's talk!!

Thread Starter: BenOnAdventures

In your opinion, what is the perfect pack size for a big thru hike like the AT, CDT, PCT, etc.? Why? Let's talk!!

Last Post By: shelb Yesterday, 23:57 Go to last post