• Appalachian Trail Updates

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • In Memory of:

Bill Irwin
    "Bill Irwin"

Thread discussion "Here"

Michael D. Smith Jr.
    "Mystic" 06

Thread discussion "Here"
  • Recent Threads

Praha4

Achilles Tendonitis

Thread Starter: Praha4

I would love to hear any "lessons learned" or tips from other hikers here who have overcome it, or learned to hike with Achilles tendonitis.

Last Post By: garlic08 Today, 22:49 Go to last post
    Glacier

hiking boot woes

Thread Starter: Glacier

I've just about given up on finding a pair hiking boots for the winter. I wear trail runners as much as I can, but when it's cold slushy snow I like to

Last Post By: The Cleaner Today, 22:39 Go to last post
    ScottS

Bags Sale: Zpacks 40*reg/reg, Western Mountaineering HighLite Med, Marmot Pounder Med

Thread Starter: ScottS

Pictures> http://imgur.com/a/x8P5w

All bags have been stored hanging or in big, loose bags in a non-smoking home. No smells, no stains,

Last Post By: ScottS Today, 22:32 Go to last post
    middle to middle

Bacon fat

Thread Starter: middle to middle

I walked into a valley one day and it smelled good. It smelled fantastic! I found a hiker just outside a store who was frying up a pound of bacon. He

Last Post By: Leanthree Today, 22:30 Go to last post
    LogHiking

2014 REI Quarterdome 1??

Thread Starter: LogHiking

Hey All,

I'm a light weight gear guy edging toward ultralight sometimes but not quite at the cuben fiber level yet. Mostly just tarps and

Last Post By: johnnybgood Today, 22:22 Go to last post
    kampingexpert

Trail Etiquette

Thread Starter: kampingexpert

Here recently I was reading an article (forget what it was) and I saw it mentioned that uphill hikers have the right away when on the trail. Since I did

Last Post By: lemon b Today, 22:20 Go to last post