• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

storing gear

Thread Starter: squeezebox

I know about not storing insulated stuff stuffed tight. But what about tents, pads? My hiking clothes share a drawer with my cycling clothes. Not sure

Last Post By: Bronk Today, 10:43 Go to last post

Section Hike as series of out and backs...double counting?

Thread Starter: Kaptainkriz

So, if each time I do a hike/section, I park in a lot, hike somewhere, and return, and do the whole trail this way, I will actually have hiked the whole

Last Post By: MuddyWaters Today, 10:30 Go to last post

'Stolen' Trekking poles from gravel springs hut

Thread Starter: Dholmblad

Did a weekend in the Shenandoah and stayed one night at gravel springs hut. Was surprised that a few groups trickled in. In the morning 2 groups of 2

Last Post By: wornoutboots Today, 10:29 Go to last post

Log Book for Section Hike?

Thread Starter: SkeeterPee

Is there an official log you should record your section hikes in? My wife asked me if was tacking them and I have not yet, but think perhaps I should

Last Post By: wornoutboots Today, 10:20 Go to last post

lookin for a MSR whisperlight

Thread Starter: misterfloyd

Looking for a MSR whisperlight stove in good working order. Not looking for the international of any others. Must be in good working

Last Post By: rafe Today, 10:19 Go to last post

Freezer bag cooking

Thread Starter: coyote9

I just got home from a backpacking trip the day before Thanksgiving with a large group. Several people where using the freezerbag cooking method which

Last Post By: MuddyWaters Today, 10:16 Go to last post