• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or completed a section hike of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

jefals

Wake up and do what?

Thread Starter: jefals

I was reading reviews on some bear cannisters, and a couple folks said that they put pots/pans on top of their cannister so that if the bear found it

Last Post By: Odd Man Out Today, 16:19 Go to last post
    squeezebox

3% vs. 20%

Thread Starter: squeezebox

I've heard the claim that 3% of the Baxter visitors, (thru hikers), use 20% of Baxter resources. How is that possible? What's going on?

Last Post By: egilbe Today, 16:14 Go to last post
    Boots and Backpacks

2015 Early Starters

Thread Starter: Boots and Backpacks

My wife and I have been planning this trip for a little over a year now. She is a high school English teacher, and is the first teacher is district history

Last Post By: tsommers Today, 16:10 Go to last post
    WhiteBlaze

Appalachian Trail record-setter says Baxter State Park officials 'vilifying' him - Pr

Thread Starter: WhiteBlaze

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="7" style="vertical-align:top;"><tr><td width="80"

Last Post By: TJ aka Teej Today, 15:51 Go to last post
    tsharrington

Water locations NC

Thread Starter: tsharrington

I'll be solo hiking some of the NC section (7 days give or take) starting around August 7. Aside from daily drinking requirements I'll need water for

Last Post By: tsharrington Today, 15:45 Go to last post
    Radagast

Rutland (or Inn at the Long Trail) to Williamstown Shuttle?

Thread Starter: Radagast

Hello! I am planning a section hike for this Sept from Williamstown -> Rt 4 (my last section to complete!) and am researching modes of transport south

Last Post By: Radagast Today, 15:38 Go to last post