• Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

snicklefitz

overthinking

Thread Starter: snicklefitz

So I was watching my bazillionth video about food load outs, gear load outs, best places to mail drop, I'm over the paralysis by analysis, I'm just going

Last Post By: snicklefitz Today, 01:14 Go to last post
    Crumbcakes

Hands-free umbrella: anyone out there try this thru-hiking?

Thread Starter: Crumbcakes

hey there!

i've been learning so much about gear these past few months and am looking forward to hitting the trail in just 7 weeks now.

Last Post By: Crumbcakes Today, 00:43 Go to last post
    Fiona

Which Tent?

Thread Starter: Fiona

I know there have been a lot of posts regarding tents, but there seems to be so many different opinions and I'm super confused. I plan to start at the

Last Post By: Shooting Star Today, 00:42 Go to last post
    cnikirk

Jersey hike itin help

Thread Starter: cnikirk

I will be in New Jersey this year very close to the AT with a few days to spare. I was thinking of getting dropped off at the Culver's Gap parking lot

Last Post By: cnikirk Today, 00:34 Go to last post
    backtrack213

Do you filter your water?

Thread Starter: backtrack213

Going on a short section hike next week and I'm only bringing AM tablets. I wanna know how many people actually filter there water on trail and if its

Last Post By: SouthMark Today, 00:30 Go to last post
    radevil5

Setting up tent in rain

Thread Starter: radevil5

Any tips to setting up your tent in the rain? I have the eureka solitaire 1 person tent. Wondering if there is anything that will help from getting it

Last Post By: nsherry61 Today, 00:20 Go to last post