• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

Mr Liberty

2016 JMT Thru-Hike?

Thread Starter: Mr Liberty

I'm looking to do a thru hike of the JMT next summer (July and/or Early August): is it still doable, or am I too late to plan it? I was originally going

Last Post By: MuddyWaters Today, 16:23 Go to last post

Blazes removed from*Dugger Mountain and Cheaha Wilderness*

Thread Starter: Matt65

I wanted to share it here as well. Based on what I have read this will apply to the Wilderness Areas only. I believe the numbers below are correct.

Last Post By: swjohnsey Today, 16:20 Go to last post
    Gambit McCrae

Anyone thought of carrying a tree camera to see what is watching you when you sleep?

Thread Starter: Gambit McCrae

I have thought about setting a tree cam up at shelters and tent sites to see what I miss while in my tent, "what was that noise?" It could

Last Post By: Hikes in Rain Today, 16:19 Go to last post

Trail Pucture ... Need help please.

Thread Starter: JaketheFake

Hey folks as part of my 2016 hike (Nobo) I am going to raise some money for a conservation cause/group that I support, The National Wild Turkey Federation

Last Post By: Hikes in Rain Today, 16:18 Go to last post

Achilles Tendon tear

Thread Starter: Praha4

One of the most common hiking and athletic injuries is achilles tendonitis/tendonosis. I've had to deal with bouts of it the last

Last Post By: Hikes in Rain Today, 16:07 Go to last post

Deaf boy camping

Thread Starter: illabelle

I will be heading up a church-affiliated co-ed scouting type kid's group next year. One of the children we expect to serve is about 7 years old, and

Last Post By: JustaTouron Today, 16:00 Go to last post