• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or completed a section hike of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

Glacier

hiking ice traction

Thread Starter: Glacier

I'm looking to upgrade my winter traction. I currently have yak-trax pro. They suck. I will be using them for hiking/backpacking at average elevation...not

Last Post By: Glacier Today, 20:16 Go to last post
    slbirdnerd

Cheese Sauce for the trail?

Thread Starter: slbirdnerd

Hi, all. I'm putting together food for this year and looking for new cheese sauce options for my mac n cheese. Last year I used the Velveeta packets out

Last Post By: Tuckahoe Today, 20:10 Go to last post
    frisbeefreek

Please Recommend a Travel Backpack?

Thread Starter: frisbeefreek

I'm UL, my other half is not. Looking for a panel loading luggage backpack for airport-->hotel-->train in Europe.

Volume needs to

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 20:06 Go to last post
    bpowell1014

For sale: Therm-A-Rest ProLite plus ENO Hammock and Winter Accessories!

Thread Starter: bpowell1014

1/25 update: only therm-a-rest and ENO hammock currently available. other items sold.

Selling the below items because I no longer hammock

Last Post By: Rodmy Today, 20:04 Go to last post
    westernsloper

I'd like to buy your heavy internal frame pack: 60-70 liters

Thread Starter: westernsloper

I'm looking at several packs, like the Osprey Aether and the Gregory Baltoro. Big, heavy packs, I know. I know that a lot of folks here are looking to

Last Post By: slbirdnerd Today, 19:59 Go to last post
    squeezebox

names for gear

Thread Starter: squeezebox

Cheryl Strayed called her pack monster. I came up with a name for mine. I wonder how many people have named their pack, or any other gear. If I write

Last Post By: juma Today, 19:59 Go to last post