• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

The Phoenix

The Good The Bad The Ugly... Fall section hike

Thread Starter: The Phoenix

My faith in humanity has been restored... as it always is following a walk in the woods! I wrapped up a 30-something day southern AT section hike a few

Last Post By: RockDoc Today, 15:45 Go to last post

2016 Documentary

Thread Starter: ThruATdoc

Hi everyone! I want to introduce a project I think might be of interest. In 2016, I'll be doing a NOBO thru-hike of the AT while a documentary film is

Last Post By: Heather1027 Today, 15:44 Go to last post

Winter boots

Thread Starter: md1486

Which type of boots do you use/recommend for winter hiking/snowshoeing, for conditions that we can encounter for exemple in the Whites in winter ? Thanks,

Last Post By: Feral Bill Today, 15:37 Go to last post

FBC "thanksgiving" meal recommendations...

Thread Starter: saltysack

Curious if anyone has luck mixing all the dry ingredients in a quart zip lock...adding recommended water then chicken bag.....
    Stuffing mix

Last Post By: bikebum1975 Today, 15:37 Go to last post
    mountain squid

2016 Thru-Hike Registry

Thread Starter: mountain squid

Just noticed that the 2016 sub-forum is open. All of you 2016 lurkers, it is finally your turn!

Trail Name

Last Post By: HighLow Today, 15:37 Go to last post

Trail runners vs boots

Thread Starter: Hangfire

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought a pair of trail runners yesterday. Starting the trail last spring I was surprised at how many people were wearing

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 15:36 Go to last post